Just bought one!

englisch/english
Marc Welsch
Administrator
Ungelesener Beitrag von Marc Welsch »

Especially at higher speed the PLUS is better, than the most other cars in that class. The gearbox of the PLUS is much shorter, than usual. The most cars are looking for low rpm´s at high crusing-speed, it´s more comfortable and it takes less fuel, but the speeding-up is definitly slower. Nearly all powerful cars have the highest gear for much more than 300km/h, that´s worse for the performance...

Yes, Tobias my Vmax is opened. Much slower means, that the Aero was not able to stay in my lee.

Larsa, you can´t compare a 360 Ferrari with a Turbo-Saab. The Ferrari has it´s power only over the rpm, the torque is less than 330NM. Prodigly it´s normal, that the saab is much faster at low rpm. If you would compare the power of this cars at 6'000 rom the Ferrari would spike the Saab completly.
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
Pierre
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von Pierre »

TobiasM hat geschrieben:Hi there!

So with broken self-confidence I was invented to another chase by the an actual S4-Avant (344HP/410NM) on autobahn A2 this week. The surprising thing was, that I wasn`t reasonably slower than the S4.
You should not worry about the Plus peformance - think about that guy who bought the brand new S4 - he is not faster than you, but just spent over 60,000 euro in his car, while a 8 year old Avant is still as fast .... and costs 3 to 4 times less !!!

And think about people outside germany who never get the chance to (legally) drive above 130 km/h !!! :x :evil: I actually never achieved to drive in Germany at good speed - not with the kids in the back !
Marc Welsch
Administrator

Pierre hat geschrieben:I actually never achieved to drive in Germany at good speed - not with the kids in the back !
That´s the diffrence for us. We are used to do it, it´s normal. Since I can remember my parents drove as fast, as it was possible. For us it´s no risk to drive faster than 200km/h or even 250km/h with the family, it´s a daily situation. Maybe it´s training, too.

For me it´s a higher risk, to drive 500km with 130km/h, because I get tired and bored. My concentration decrease, if my senses claimed anymore. I really have problems with this situation for example in Sweden...
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
Larsa
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von Larsa »

The comparison whas not the Ferrari, it whas an exampel made by TopGear how powerfull a 2.3 engine can be in a stadnard saloon.
The ruels for compare whas 80-120 km/h at highest gear, and the Aero is limited at 250 as well and have only 5 gears so the tacho dont say mutch in 80 km/h.

Every car is different, you must compare them im some way, if you say the Ferrari is stronger above 6000 rpm thats ok but the compare whas not at 6000 rpm it whas 80-120 at highest gear, mabye Ferrari don´t need to accelerate at thoose speeds at 6 gear that´s also ok. But normal people does that every day at the freeway.

But another thing is like they said on another TopGear that it does 40-70 mil/h in 2-gear faster than a 911-turbo. "like a landmine".

But it´s still a Saab and i happen to like my Audi..

And i get bored at Swedish 90 km/h thats a bigger risk for falling a sleep than to be a active driver in 150 km/h
Marc Welsch
Administrator

Larsa, we don´t have to diskuss about that, a 911 Turbo, a 360 Ferrari or even a S6PLUS is faster than a non-tuned Aero Saab.

Of course you will find small spots at any car, maybe a VW Polo could be faster on a wet motorway, than a Enzo Ferrari. But that one sport can´t be the reason to compare those two cars in one car-class. :wink:
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
Pierre
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von Pierre »

Marc Welsch hat geschrieben:
Pierre hat geschrieben:I actually never achieved to drive in Germany at good speed - not with the kids in the back !
For me it´s a higher risk, to drive 500km with 130km/h, because I get tired and bored. My concentration decrease, if my senses claimed anymore. I really have problems with this situation for example in Sweden...
As a matter of fact, I am used to it too and I totally agree that driving at 130 km/h will get you sleeping - but don't use that argument in France, you are a murderer if you drive faster !
Marc Welsch
Administrator

I think I can control it in other countries, at least in western Europe... :roll:
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
TobiasM
Ex-Owner

Ungelesener Beitrag von TobiasM »

To prevent this topic to become off-topic, I opened a new thread: http://s6plusforum.derc4.de/viewtopic.p ... 75b03d#962
Es grüßt:

TobiasM

[img]http://www.meckisforum.de/phpBB2/images/avatars/508ef51a4065c264595ef.jpg[/img]
Antworten