Need New Tires

englisch/english
Antworten
J Boone
Owners Club

Need New Tires

Ungelesener Beitrag von J Boone »

I see now why I got such a good price for my S6--it needs new tires :?
The tires on the car are "ContiSport Contact" 255/40 R 17 94 W, and these tires are almost finished :cry:

Anybody know some good all-weather tires that are not too expensive?
:roll:

They should be available in Italy

Also, what is the best size / rating for tires on this car?
Marc Welsch
Administrator
Ungelesener Beitrag von Marc Welsch »

1. In Germany only that size is allowed for summer-use at the PLUS!
2. With a Quattro you should use the same size at both axles, otherwise your gearbox will brake very soon!!!

In Germany we have several internet-markets for tires, for example www.reifen-direkt.de. Maybe you should checkout first their the price.
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
J Boone
Owners Club

Marc Welsch hat geschrieben:1. In Germany only that size is allowed for summer-use at the PLUS!
2. With a Quattro you should use the same size at both axles, otherwise your gearbox will brake very soon!!!
Yes, I will get 4 tires of 255/40 Z17, but is there a good type/model of tire (eg Pirelli, Michelin, etc) that someone has good experience with? I want an all-weather tire that is equal to the power of the S6plus, but not too expensive.
Marc Welsch
Administrator
Ungelesener Beitrag von Marc Welsch »

In Germany the cheapest high performance tires are the Fulda. I have good experiences with Pirelli and Bridgestone, but they are not really cheap...
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
Pierre
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von Pierre »

My experience is Michelin Pilot Sport and Brigestone S-03; Michelin are way behind the S-03, especially when it rains. S-03 is very comfortable, good grip ... according to what I read before byuing them, the best tyre ... see www.reifentest.com
J Boone
Owners Club

Yes the Bridgestone S-03 seems to be the best for wet conditions from what I find on internet.

Another interesting tire I found is the Pirelli PZero Rosso Asimmetrico--this is the tire that comes with the RS6. It has less road noise and it is 40 euro cheaper than the S-03.

Any experience with the PZero?
David van Eyk
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von David van Eyk »

Here in Holland, the Toyo proxes ts-1 is quiet cheap. I've got them under my car. They are ok. but not as good as the bridgestone pp so-3. If you go for bridgestone,...don't use them on a trackday!! you will destroy them in one day.
overall the pp so-3 is the best allround tire in my eyes
Karl
PLUS Interessierter

Ungelesener Beitrag von Karl »

At first I´ve tried Continal Sport Contact. But in the normal S6 size, 245/40 17 on 8 inch wide rims. The Conti was not so stiff enough on the tyre flank. I saw it, that my Conti´s worned out roundly, despite correctly air pressure. And at 40,oookm the Conti´s worned out.
Now I have Pirelli P-Zero Asimmetrico, it seems that the rubber mixture are harder. The tyre flanks are stiff and the wearout is reasonable.
Antworten