European Gasoline Octane?

englisch/english
Antworten
J Boone
Owners Club

European Gasoline Octane?

Ungelesener Beitrag von J Boone »

The S6 manual states that the car is designed for use with 98 octane gasoline. It goes on to say that you may use 95 octane with a reduction in performance. Does anyone know how much is performance affected by using 95 vs 98 octane gasoline?

The filling stations here in Italy do not typically list the octane ratings of their gasoline, and the employees either do not know or will not tell. There is only "Benzina Super", Gasolio, and Diesel. How can I find the octane of "Benzina Super"? If I am lucky it is 95, but it could possibly even be lower :cry:

What is the effect of running the S6plus with less than 95 octane?

Is there this problem in Germany to find high-octane (98/95) gasoline?

Has anyone tried to use the octane booster additives to raise the rating for better performance with the S6plus?
Marc Welsch
Administrator
Ungelesener Beitrag von Marc Welsch »

In Germany we get everywhere fuel with 98 octane, at some stations even with 100 octane. But that fuel (100 octane, V-Power it´s called) is extremly expencive, about 10 Cent more, than the 98 octane-fuel...

In the german instruction manual is writen, that your car wood loose up to 10% power, if you use 95 octane fuel...
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
J Boone
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von J Boone »

Thanks--maybe I need to move to Germany :wink:

I just found that the filling station AGIP (ENI) has begun this month to produce a special fuel "BluSuper", with 98 octane, to be sold at select stations throughout Italy. It costs 4.2 euro cent more per litre. Only one AGIP station here in Vicenza will carry this fuel--I guess I know where I will be filling up at :)
Antworten