Chip Ts-Tuning

englisch/english
Larsa
Owners Club

Chip Ts-Tuning

Ungelesener Beitrag von Larsa »

Does he replace with a new chip in the ECU or does he reprogram the old one?
Ewery one in Sweden replace the chip but it would be great if it would be possible to reprogram.
Marc Welsch
Administrator
Ungelesener Beitrag von Marc Welsch »

He doesn´t change anything at the hardeware, he only makes a software-update at your ECU...
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
Larsa
Owners Club

Great!
I newer heard about anyone who can do that here, he must be skilled at the Plus. I what the original chip in the car and eweryone here take that out. Superchip has a good deal in peformance but as i said.. i want the original ECU.
I´m saving to send him the ECU but i´m not keen to do it by mail...

>Marc
Do you live far from TS-Tuning?
Marc Welsch
Administrator

Not really, Tom is living near Hannover, that´s about 380km from here...

I have good conections with him, if you like you can send your ECU to me, and I will send it to him. Maybe that way took 3-4 days longer, but it could be more keen for you.
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
Roland Müller
Owners Club
Ungelesener Beitrag von Roland Müller »

Marc Welsch hat geschrieben:He doesn´t change anything at the hardeware, he only makes a software-update at your ECU...
Sorry Marc, but I don't believe that. That Generation of Eproms are not reprogrammable. I think the chip must be soldered out and replaced by a socket and a new programmed chip...
(ask Tom... :D )
"...und denkt daran, ein plus ist ultra"

Grüsse romulo
Larsa
Owners Club

It´would be great Marc, thank´s!

I asked about where the ECU where at the Plus at the scrapyard i was telling you about but they have sold it and don´t remeber who...no record of it.
I wonder if there whas a S6 buyer who dident now what he was buying, thoes the ECU work in a normal S6? i havent heard about any S6Plus that needs a ECU!
Marc Welsch
Administrator

Hm, I´m not 100% sure, but at the first time I was waiting while I got the new software and I can´t remember that he changed something of the hardware.

:arrow: But the best way to be sure is to ask Tom. I will do that...

The normal S6 (C4) ECU doesn´t work in a PLUS, that´s true. But their are several S6/A6 4,2 (C5), A8/S8 4,2 ECU which could be used with the PLUS-engine. The software isn´t 100% perfect, but the engine works, for example the rpm-limiter starts allready at 6.500 rpm. With the modified software it will be working perfectly with the PLUS-engine.
But if you buy a other ECU you have to think about the immobiliser, the keys must be educated to the new ECU. This is only possible at a Audi-dealer, because the do it online with Ingolstadt!
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
Marc Welsch
Administrator

I got an answer from Tom allready. Roland, you are right, he is changing the chip.... Sorry, Larsa, no difference to your guys in Sweden... :(
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
Stian
Owners Club

Re: Chip Ts-Tuning

Ungelesener Beitrag von Stian »

Larsa hat geschrieben:Does he replace with a new chip in the ECU or does he reprogram the old one?
Ewery one in Sweden replace the chip but it would be great if it would be possible to reprogram.
Hey Larsa...

I don't know if you've checked with them, but I think Dahlbäck reprograms the chip, and they are amongst the best on Audi and VW in the world. It may be that they haven't seen to many S6Plus'es, but they know what they're doing. Besides, they don't just fit a new chip on your ECU, they read out the original program, and reprograms it to your specific car. They put your car on a dyno, and measure everything as they program the chip to make it perfect. It's like having a tailor-made suit instead of a suit you buy in a regular store, if you get what i mean... It's a little more expensive, but it's definitely worth it!

I guess you can read Norwegian, here's what they do at Dahlbäck's Norwegian partner:
Hvorfor et fms chip koster litt mer enn andre tunere!

Dette skyldes at vi tar inn din bil en hel dag (4-5 timer ofte) for å finne den opimtale løsning, hvor både effekt, moment og forbruk optimeres.
I de fleste tuningmiljø er det vanlig å montere et standard chip som passer til et bilmerke. Dette er ofte tilfredsstillende, men ikke perfekt!
Biler av samme type og merke kan reagere helt forskjellig på en tuning.
Hos oss leses originalprogram ut og analyseres, hvor programendring foregår i det originale program bilen er levert med.
Vi kjører bilen på vår rullende landevei for å finne den helt perfekte innstilling for Din bil.
Alle nødvendige tilpasninger og justeringer foretas for optimal kjøreglede.
Here's a link to Dahlbäck's page: http://www.dahlbackracing.se/

They don't have the Plus, or even the regular S6 4.2 in their list, but I know they'll tune it :wink:
Larsa
Owners Club

Hi Stian,
I have asked them for 6 moth ago and they replayed that they only chiptune turbo cars in a mail message.
Mabye i should ask them again when you said that they do it on a normal 4.2, where did you hear that?

mvh Larsa
Stian
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von Stian »

Larsa hat geschrieben:Hi Stian,
I have asked them for 6 moth ago and they replayed that they only chiptune turbo cars in a mail message.
Mabye i should ask them again when you said that they do it on a normal 4.2, where did you hear that?

mvh Larsa
I asked their Norwegian partner, Flissundet Motorsenter. Maybe Dahlbäck has so much business that they now concentrate on turbos only.
Check out Flissundet here: http://www.tuningspesialisten.no
They have the Plus in their list, but the HP is wrong. I've called them, and they confirmed that they tuned it :D
Ben Maglia
Owners Club
ChipTuning

Ungelesener Beitrag von Ben Maglia »

Hi all
I normally will not discuss in the Forum about chiptuning in case of my own business, but now I think it is better.

Bild

As already told from Romulo, the program chip in our car is a eprom, PLCC44 OTP (One Time Programable). I tuned already some S6 and S6+.
I always take the original chip out and solder on its place a special test socket.
The modified program is than burned on a new chip. The original chip leaves unattached, so in case of a problem you can put in the original software to test.
To do that it is necessary to have the ECU.

You can see on my page unter Tuning the ECU and the chips ...
I change in the program the ignition, gas pedal and vmax.
Please contact me for more informations.

http://www.sect.ch/BEN/CAR/Tuning_S6Plus.htm
http://www.sect.ch/BEN/CAR.htm

Best regards - BEN
ChipTuning zum Einheitspreis - http://www.UPsolute.ch
Denn ein Avant - ist ein Familienauto ...
... und mit über 300PS geht's einfach
schneller ins Wochenende!
Larsa
Owners Club

>Ben.. Realy nice car you have!!
Have you painted the rings black in the front?

"I always take the original chip out and solder on its place a special test socket"

Are you replacing the socket later on then or?
We newer use sockets in the fighter jet industri it´s always problem in the long run. Korrossion m.m like the lamps get in the consol, they stop to function but they are not broken. We always solder directly.

In your website you write 0-100 km/h in 8,3 sek. i dont understand, doesent the plus do that in ap 5.7 sek or whas it in second gear. It´s a nice site anyway!!
Could you explain to me what the test whas, wich whas with the new chip?..
Did you se any difference in the tests? 358 hp and 451 Nm is that with chip and airfilter measured?
Have you standard exhaust?

>Ben and Marc
Whats under the licensplate on Bens car??
I dont have that extra colored plate under the licensplate that makes the space smaller.
With regards Larsa
Ben Maglia
Owners Club
Ungelesener Beitrag von Ben Maglia »

Hi Larsa
We never had problems with corrosions in the past - We are doing this now the 7th year. But soldering direct is better - but you can not change the chip for next software releases or to change back to original.
On the new PSOP56 chips, we solder them directly.

The 8,3s - this was the test run for measuring the power. You start in 1st only for a jump to trigger, then shift to 2nd and go up until red, then short gear 3 and finished.
You will see the time measurement in the 0-200kmh run. A second faster than AUDI data.
The power data is with chip and sport airfilter. I will get the exhaust in two weeks and will measure again.

I made the AUDI rings black - looks better I think.
And the plate is original. You have to ask other guys here to get the AUDI number.
ChipTuning zum Einheitspreis - http://www.UPsolute.ch
Denn ein Avant - ist ein Familienauto ...
... und mit über 300PS geht's einfach
schneller ins Wochenende!
Larsa
Owners Club

So 358 hp and 451 Nm is what it is with chip and filter. Why do i need new firmware after a while? can the newer one do anything more with the peformance that the old one dident??
What exhaust are you buying?
I´m planing to buy bn-pipes as Marc i cant find any else that fits right on and looks good..
Antworten