S6 PLUS ... and what car`s you have to to be afraid of.

englisch/english
TobiasM
Ex-Owner

S6 PLUS ... and what car`s you have to to be afraid of.

Ungelesener Beitrag von TobiasM »

Hi there!

Because I don`t want the "just bougth one"-threas to become offtopic, I opened this new topic here: which car`s do you have to take as serious "challengers" on daily driving?

Ok,ok, most Germans will have an advantage as they get in competing situations with other cars as often as they want to: on german Autobahn. But be honest to yourself, you test-drive your car above the legal speed-limits not only on the Autobahn, but on roads in your contry aswell.

I personally am very experienced with Saab-turbos, knowing about the speed of those car`s and about the speed of the chased car`s by all the years.
I own my PLUS for 1/4 year or so and I do my most miles on Autobahn. Every other car on Autbahn which looks fast gets my attention an we mostly get into a "fight".

My experiences are, that the BMW 530d is VERY fast in low rpm`s. Don`t even think about it to follow him.

Mercedes 230slk kompressor is very competitive on autobahnspeeds up to 240km/h.

80-120km/h-time in highest gear is the same of a PLUS and a 1988 160HP-Saab 900 turbo 16.

Latest M3-modell (convertible) is faster than a plus.

Jaguar s-Type V8 (300hp) is only little slower than a PLUS.

An AMG-Mercedes C32 (current model) is in all speeds A LOT faster than us...just tested this morning on Autobahn.

Any other experiences?!? Porsche 928, 911-996/993, AMG E55, BMW M5 3.8, Japanese cars ...?
Zuletzt geändert von TobiasM am 13.07.2004, 15:36, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Es grüßt:

TobiasM

[img]http://www.meckisforum.de/phpBB2/images/avatars/508ef51a4065c264595ef.jpg[/img]
Marc Welsch
Administrator
Ungelesener Beitrag von Marc Welsch »

Hm, I´m wondering what problems you have with some cars...

- a M5 V8 is faster than the PLUS, but it´s possible to stay in lee

- same to a 993 tiptronic cabrio, it´s possible to stay in lee all the time

- a Jaguar XJR cabrio automatic is not fast enough to stay in the lee of my PLUS

- that C32 Kompressor station wagon I meet was as fast, as my car

- a 5,0 V8 Mercedes is under all conditions slower than a PLUS

- a M3 E36 3,2 is as fast, as the PLUS

- a normal 4,2 (A6, S6, A8 ) with tiptronic is slower

- a new Alpina B12 (V8-500hp) is much faster, he shocked me nearly my topspeed :shock:
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
Larsa
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von Larsa »

It´s al about driving at right gear at the right time. I drowe by an S8 -02 today, i whas on 4 gear and at 5500 rpm and in his tail. He stept on the gas and i drowe by :)
He newer came near me.
A BMW M3 E46 is not that fast if you are in his tail and on right rpm, i drowe by one last moth when i whas alone and he had 3 passenger. He whas supprised and me to.

If you cant drive a car propebly and you have an fast car like an E46 you loose...

Toyota Supra is fast..... in all gears i have experience.
An old Opel Lotus Carlton with a chip tuning is what you should have to be shure on straight Autobahn but not in the curves.
Marc Welsch
Administrator

I forgot two cars, Boxter and Boxter S, both are not a Problem, the normal Boxter has no chnace, for the "S" it´s possible to stay in our lee, but not more!
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
TobiasM
Ex-Owner

Ungelesener Beitrag von TobiasM »

@larsa: thx for your experiences!

@marc: I more and more doubt the performance of MY Audi. Would you do me the favour and clock some times of YOUR PLUS, please? I would suggest following test-methods:

1. 80-120 km/h in 6th gear
2. 160-200 km/ in 6th gear
3. 200-260 km/h in 6th gear
4. 120-200 km/h shifting gears as you like.

Messurement must be started from constant speed. Just read the speed (e.g. 120 or 260) from the odometer, as we all have little tolerances in it.

I will do the same messurings and post em here as soon as possible!!!

Thanks!
Es grüßt:

TobiasM

[img]http://www.meckisforum.de/phpBB2/images/avatars/508ef51a4065c264595ef.jpg[/img]
Marc Welsch
Administrator

No. 1 and no. 4 should be no problem on my island, but no. 2+3 isn´t possible here. For that you have to wait two or three month, than I´m "back in Germany" on the motorway...
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
Larsa
Owners Club

>Marc
How many Hp do you have in your Plus?
Or did you juste take away the speedlimiter with the chip tuning.
Marc Welsch
Administrator

I just pushed up the speedlimiter... I don´t know, if the exhaust is more powerful.
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
Mathias Hübner
PLUS Interessierter

Ungelesener Beitrag von Mathias Hübner »

Hi!

Last time i have a little race with an BMW Z3 M Roadster and i wondered but i have absolut no problem to follow him!

Mathias
Larsa
Owners Club

>Marc
Did you also changed to race katalysator, what exhaust did you bought?

I think i whant Tom to do as mutch as he can on the performance on the chip but dont mess with the rpm limiter. I hope he manage about 341hp and 430Nm as he said. According to Romulo it´s a difference in peformance.
Have you tryed a Plus with a chip tuning Marc or has anyone else?
Marc Welsch
Administrator

No the cats are still original, the exhaust is from www.bn-pipes.de. No untill now I drove no chip-tuned PLUS.
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
Pierre
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von Pierre »

Larsa hat geschrieben:>Marc
Did you also changed to race katalysator, what exhaust did you bought?

I think i whant Tom to do as mutch as he can on the performance on the chip but dont mess with the rpm limiter. I hope he manage about 341hp and 430Nm as he said. According to Romulo it´s a difference in peformance.
Have you tryed a Plus with a chip tuning Marc or has anyone else?
I know of a chip-tuned Plus in France, with pipes from MTM and no Kats ... it has about 358,7 HP I believe (measured at MTM Dyno). The chip makes the engine livier ... apparently better torque
Zuletzt geändert von Pierre am 17.07.2004, 19:25, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Marc Welsch
Administrator

BN-pipes is the exhaust-factory of MTM... The MTM-exhaust is 100% similar to my exhaust. But I do have my cats under the car.
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
Pierre
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von Pierre »

Marc Welsch hat geschrieben:BN-pipes is the exhaust-factory of MTM... The MTM-exhaust is 100% similar to my exhaust. But I do have my cats under the car.
According to insider info from MTM, this is not true !
Stian
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von Stian »

@Tobias: I'll try to measure some of the tests you suggested. The biggest problem will be to find a straight road (with no ups or down) long enough to do the tests...

About the S6Plus vs other cars:

I haven't really got to race a car over a considerable distance yet; it has only been short drags over approximately 5-15 seconds. But here's my experience:
vs ‘00 Porsche 911 S (no turbo): was doing about 70 in 2nd when we floored it, and I was catching up with him all the way up to about 130. Just barely though, I gained about 5-10 meters during the race.
vs a tuned Celica GT4: This car is fast, especially with tuning. The 245 standard HP's can be pushed beyond 300HP easily and he barely outruns me, with about the same margins as I outran the Porsche.
vs tuned A6 2.7 BiTurbo: The 2.7 BiTurbo can be tuned very strong, and this A6 went exactly as fast as the S6Plus, from about 100-150 km/h.
vs ‘01 S4 2.7 BiTurbo: This was not tuned, so I outran him, especially above 150.
Antworten