Sports exhaust

englisch/english
Antworten
Stian
Owners Club

Sports exhaust

Ungelesener Beitrag von Stian »

My car is still 100% stock (except for the air filer), and I’m going to do a few modifications. The first is the exhaust system, and I’m wondering about a couple of things regarding that:

First of all, should the two pipes from each side of the V8 be separated all the way, or should they be joined after the catalysts, or before the last muffler? Anyone have any experience here, what sound best?

And second, I want the car to sound loud and sporty, so if I remove the catalysts, will the sound then be just noisy and bad, or will it sound really loud and good (like a Ferrari/lambo etc)?

Any hints and pointers are welcome :D
Patrick Buedi
Owners Club
Re: Sports exhaust

Ungelesener Beitrag von Patrick Buedi »

Stian hat geschrieben: First of all, should the two pipes from each side of the V8 be separated all the way, or should they be joined after the catalysts, or before the last muffler? Anyone have any experience here, what sound best?
I think the pipes should be kept separate. When I hat my S4 and S6 (both C4), they had the X-Pipe before the catalytic converters, so the exhaust fumes / gas (correct word??) joined from both cylinder banks and got mixed. Now on the S6 Plus the exhaust gas flows directly and separated through the both cats. And compared to the C4 S-Models the Sound is much more V8 on the Plus (with the same stainless steel exhaust system I had bought). So I thin it sounds better when it´s separated.
Stian hat geschrieben: And second, I want the car to sound loud and sporty, so if I remove the catalysts, will the sound then be just noisy and bad, or will it sound really loud and good (like a Ferrari/lambo etc)?
I don´t know how it sounds without catalytic converters. And I am not sure if it will work, because the Plus has 2 lambda sonds on each side??
But I know how it sounds (on the normal S6) without mufflers, just with the catalytic converters. It´s V8 Music! You can´t describe it and my Soundfile is far from reality.

But it wasn´t too loud as I think and the Sound was incredible. Really good aggressive V8 Sound. Sadly I could only rev the engine a bit, because driving without mufflers is (sadly) not allowed in Germany.

If it would, it would be great. With the catalytic converters you are very friendly to the earth / air and have really great Sound :-)

The Soundfile:
Buedis C4 S6 4.2 ohne Auspuff
http://www.quattrofan.de/modules.php?na ... eA&show=10
cu...

buedi
--
Vorsprung durch Quattro ;-)
Antworten