Suspension-Problems

englisch/english
Antworten
Roland Müller
Owners Club
Suspension-Problems

Ungelesener Beitrag von Roland Müller »

Hi Friends

Because of fairly poor response in the german Forum I'm trying it here again... :D

I'm nearly sure, that every PLUS-driver with more then ~130'000km on the "clock" has (a slightly) problem with the (front-) suspension.

Anyhow, I do have those problems, and I'm going on, to change some parts, for intance my lower transverse control arms. (don't know, is that the correct word? in German: "untere Querlenker")

...and, by coming to the point, in the internet there is an offer for such arms by the manufacturer "febi".

Does anyone know about the quality of this brand?
"...und denkt daran, ein plus ist ultra"

Grüsse romulo
Larsa
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von Larsa »

What are your problems??
Roland Müller
Owners Club

...there come some ugly noise from the front suspension: some cracks and knocking-sounds...

...and on very rough roads you have not that good feeling...

Grüsse romulo
Larsa
Owners Club

oh,
it did from min to a while ago, when a was steering from left to right standing still it sounded CLONK and over jumps!, it´s just to pull real harder on the big bolt that the suspension is scruwed to. I had a real big tool! My car has 131000 km on the tacho and is as new now, i chanced all the buchings and suspencionbearings m.m in the front. The clonk was still there but its quiet as a mouse now since i scruwed with the big tool :-), i cant figure out the name for the bolt but it´s where the suspension meets the car. I had a big flengetool.
Roland Müller
Owners Club

Hi Larsa

Very nice to here from you. You are a really loyal forum-friend.

Either my english is not so perfect, or it was because you didn't know the exact terms, I didn't understand wat you wrote about... sorry, can you explain it once again?

Thanks, and don't worry about... :D

Grüsse romulo
Larsa
Owners Club

It is where nr 23 SHOCK ABSORBER meets nr 25 WHEEL BEARING HOUSING
Audi says you have to screw it from the top in the engine compartment but i had a big tool and lifted the boot.
Bild
Anders
Owners Club
Ungelesener Beitrag von Anders »

Roland, I think I know what Larsa means, and I'll try to use other words for it to help you guys. (I hope you don't mind Larsa)

Larsa replaced a lot of the bearings and bushings wich makes the front end and the suspension system kept together and free from friction and bad noise.

When he had put it all together he experienced a disturbing noise when turning the wheels, especially on rough surface and roads with speed limiting bumps. If I were him, I would have immediately thought the noise came from something still being loose after he had put it all together.

Larsa eventually found out that the noise could be allocated to either the upper screw, or the lower screw of the shock absorber. Either where the shock absorber mounts in the car's body (under the bonnet) or from the lower bolt where the absorber mounts to the front end/chassis.

Look at this picture wich is just an example. What he means is either 043469 NUT or the 100122 BOLTS.

What he did was to screw these harder. To do that he needed a strong tool. In this case probably a tool like this.

Hope this helps.

/anders
[size=75]Anders = Plus #351[/size]
[img]http://personal.inet.fi/surf/brooksontheweb/picfolder/mys6anim.gif[/img]
Roland Müller
Owners Club

hey swedish guys, thanks a lot for your faithful Help!

...I think I understand now, what Larsa was talking about. It's just to fasten harder the shock absorber either on the upper or, if so possible, on the under side. To do that hardley enough, he used one of the showed tools.

Thanks and hope to meet you ones

Grüsse romulo
Larsa
Owners Club

Dont forget to check the bearings and bushings also, this tip if walid only if all the other is ok and you still have a CLONK! The bushings often needs to be replaced on such a heavy car after 10 -130000 km.

God luck!
Antworten