englisch/english
Antworten
Stian
Owners Club

Front bumper

Ungelesener Beitrag von Stian »

Bild
Bild

Does anyone know who makes this front bumper?
Stian
Owners Club

Never mind, I managed to find it out myself :D

It's SGI :wink:
Anders
Owners Club
Ungelesener Beitrag von Anders »

Keep in mind though: There's a LOT of work done by ATJ himself to that front. Don't expect it to be 'bolt on' straight away from SGI.

regards

Anders
[size=75]Anders = Plus #351[/size]
[img]http://personal.inet.fi/surf/brooksontheweb/picfolder/mys6anim.gif[/img]
Patrick Buedi
Owners Club
Re: Front bumper

Ungelesener Beitrag von Patrick Buedi »

Stian hat geschrieben:[img]
Does anyone know who makes this front bumper?
What´s more important to me: What are these Brake Disks? They are sliced... are they the Brembo Discs Marc mentioned in another Thread?
cu...

buedi
--
Vorsprung durch Quattro ;-)
ATJ

Front bumper and brakes

Ungelesener Beitrag von ATJ »

Nice to se that you like my car.

The front bumper is made up from a home moulded top part and an SGI lower part, everything is don in glassfibre, it was a lot of work to get it done.

The brake discs are ALCON discs with slots and an aluminum center that the discs is bolted on. Calipers are still standard.
Stian
Owners Club

Re: Front bumper and brakes

ATJ hat geschrieben:Nice to se that you like my car.

The front bumper is made up from a home moulded top part and an SGI lower part, everything is don in glassfibre, it was a lot of work to get it done.

The brake discs are ALCON discs with slots and an aluminum center that the discs is bolted on. Calipers are still standard.
Yes, that front looks really good! But doesn't SGI make the entire package, both the lip and the bumper itself? Like this one:
Bild

Anyways, I heard that SGI has a Swedish dealer, so I'll check it out as soon as I have the money for it :wink:

Oh, and can you get those ALCON discs in Sweden? Do you have an approximate price on them?
Anders
Owners Club

ATJ, wasn't it so that the fit of the SGI front was so bad, that you had to mould the top part yourself? Am I correct?

Stian, why don't you get the stock 323 mm dics and have them sliced like that? That's what I'm going to do.

Anders
Stian
Owners Club

Anders hat geschrieben:fit of the SGI front was so bad, that you had to mould the top part yourself? Am I correct?
It really fits that bad? Was the problem that the S6 body is a little wider than the regular A6 body? I see that they have a special version for S cars, is this the one you bought?
Anders hat geschrieben:Stian, why don't you get the stock 323 mm dics and have them sliced like that? That's what I'm going to do.
Sounds like a good idea, but are you sure this is safe to do? That the discs won't be weaker or something?
Anders
Owners Club

Stian, if Swedish is not a problem for you I suggest you check out http://www.rolleslitz.se/ for information regarding the discs.

My discs are in Rolle's shop for "preparation" as we speak. :)

There are no signs of reported failure or fatigue as far as I can see. Also keep in mind that the discs run cooler when sliced.

/a.
Antworten