Do you like my new brakes? :)

englisch/english
Antworten
Anders
Owners Club
Do you like my new brakes? :)

Ungelesener Beitrag von Anders »

Hi all!

Finally my brake upgrade is finished! I am sorry the pics are not the very best, but hopefully you can see a bit.

What is done:

* New Bosch-discs on all corners - "sliced" for better handling of built-up heat aswell as for better performance in wet conditions. Discs also anodized (yellow) for better withstanding of rust etc.

* New EBC "RedStuff" (front) brake pads, and EBC "GreenStuff" (rear) brake pads.

* New steel braided brake hoses on all four corners.

* New brake lines on front end.

* Reinforced return springs for rear brake calipers.

* New brake fluid.

I am very happy with this setup!

Here are some pics.

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Regards,

Anders
[size=75]Anders = Plus #351[/size]
[img]http://personal.inet.fi/surf/brooksontheweb/picfolder/mys6anim.gif[/img]
Stian
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von Stian »

Looks great!

Just one question, why didn't you use EBC Turbogroove discs? They are both sliced and "dimpled".
Anders
Owners Club

Thanx Stian! :)

Because I got some great contacts here in Stockholm regarding getting new original discs + a guy who does excellent slicing at a very good price.

That's why.

/a.
Roland Müller
Owners Club
Ungelesener Beitrag von Roland Müller »

Hi Anders

I just saw your Break-Upgrade, congratulations!

Here some pictures from a similar work at Ben's… and at mine Plus (last 2 photos).

http://www.sect.ch/BEN/CAR/S6Plus_Brembo.htm

By the way I realized, you drive the UNIROYAL RainSport1.

What are your experiences with them? Do you also think, that they where great tires, if they hadn't the less running performance?

In the spring I've to change them after only 20'000km, but as I mentioned, other ways I where very satisfied.
"...und denkt daran, ein plus ist ultra"

Grüsse romulo
Anders
Owners Club

Roland,

Fantastic pictures of that brake update! Thank you. I see that you also have red-coloured brake calipers, they look so good against the Nogaro-blau car. I would like to have that myself. Have you painted the original ones yourself, or are they exchanged to Brembo-calipers which are red by default?

Yes, I have the Uniroyals, that's true. I must say I have nothing to complain about. I am most happy with these.

Not this past summer, but the summer before that, 2003, I had a problem with my front end. I had run into a hole in the road, and the right front wheel was not aligned properly. I went to a tyre-shop and they adjusted my whole front end correctly. We also discovered my right front tyre was worn down completely due to this. I bought 4 new 255/40/17 Uniroyal tyres and those are what you see in the pictures. I have only driven some 15.000 km on them, and the thread is still very good.

If I was to say something negative, it would be that if I leave my car in the garage for a week, and then drive it, I can feel slightly that the rubber has gotten a bit flat because the car has been standing still on them. It usually disappear after a few kilometres.

Regards,

Anders
Roland Müller
Owners Club

Anders hat geschrieben:...I see that you also have red-coloured brake calipers, they look so good against the Nogaro-blau car. I would like to have that myself. Have you painted the original ones yourself, or are they exchanged to Brembo-calipers which are red by default?
I can really recommend this product
http://carstyling.azoshop.com/shu_shop_ ... ee71663175

That's allready the second car, I did it this way and it lasts fantastic,

if you use a wire brush to clean the calippers before painting:
Bild

...and also you should paint them at least 3-4 times :wink:

Anders hat geschrieben:...If I was to say something negative, it would be that if I leave my car in the garage for a week, and then drive it, I can feel slightly that the rubber has gotten a bit flat because the car has been standing still on them. It usually disappear after a few kilometres.
...I can't tell you something about that, because I use the car every or at least every second day... :D

Grüsse romulo
Robert
Owners Club
Ungelesener Beitrag von Robert »

My first add to the forum....

I have to buy new front discs to and I am currently investigating the market. The drilled Brembos looks quite good and a dealer here in sweden sells them for a quite affordable price, about 125 euro each.

Any ideas about what pads to use? Anders, are the EBCs still working great? WHere did you buy them, and how much were they?
[i]S6 Plus - In disguise[/i]
Roland Müller
Owners Club

hey Robert, thats a great deal, our price in Switzerland (which are admittedly high) was about 200 Euros.

We used the original AUDI pads with No 4A0 698 151 B for app. 185 Euros

but check also this http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vie ... :B:SS:DE:1

Grüsse romulo
Robert
Owners Club

The same firm, who is infact one of the major car spares dealer groups in Sweden "Autoexperten", has "Road House" pads for 170 euro for all eight needed. Any experience of these pads?

I Have also contacted an expert brakes firm and the guy there will look up what he can find regarding discs and brakes.
Anders
Owners Club

Robert, the EBC's are great.
I'm fully happy with my setup. My friend Mats (Plus owner aswell) runs Red Stuff on all four corners, but the dealer specifically recommended me to get Red Stuff in front, and Green Stuff in the rear, so that's what I'm doing.

I would recommend you to talk to an extremely nice man called Erik. He runs his own company called "Quattro Tuning & Delar" and he's located south of Stockholm. Aspudden I think. You can do a search on the Internet for either "Quattro Tuning & Delar" or simply "QTD" and you will find his phone number. The slicing and anodization of the Bosch discs (also bought from Erik) was done by Roland at "Rolle-Slits", a small company in Segeltorp outside Stockholm.

The Red Stuff's are quite expensive. I paid above 2000 for a pair of front pads, and the Green Stuff in the rear was slightly cheaper. Doesn't matter since he's over 1000 SEK cheaper on the discs (front) that Audi themeselves would ever be.

Another brake pad manufacturer that you could consider is "PEAN".
Good reputation. Search the net for PEAN products.

/anders
Robert
Owners Club

Yes, I know qtd.se. I tried to call them, but the number goes to a lady who was quite anoyed for yet another phone call that was not intended for her... :? Do you have a phone number you know is working Anders?

I am really interested in red stuff pads. I need to have them by the end of this week (thursday or friday morning) as I have to change the discs next weekend.

For the discs I think it will be the brembos.

I have been in contact with pean, but their offer was more expensive than ebc+brembo will be.
Anders
Owners Club

Robert, you have a private message.

/a.
Antworten