WINTER!!!!!!!

englisch/english
Antworten
Espen
Owners Club

WINTER!!!!!!!

Ungelesener Beitrag von Espen »

Finally the winter is here in sweden, with a LOT of snow.
And there's nothing more fun then drive a PLUS :lol:
I love it, I hope you other guys also get the pleasure of snow.

Have a GOOOD winter

:D :D :D
David van Eyk
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von David van Eyk »

espen, what sort of winter tires you have? what size, but what tire pressure?
Joakim
Owners Club

Winter tyres

Ungelesener Beitrag von Joakim »

Hello David!

I use Nokian WR 225/45/17 on original S6PLUS rims, and 3,0 Bar works great :D

Bild

And Espen i agree driving the PLUS in the snow is FUN :mrgreen:

/Joakim
[i] [b] [color=red]/[/color]PLUS[color=red]/[/color]S[color=blue]/[/color]6[/b] [/i] [i] [b] [color=blue]With Happersized RSB[/color] [/b] [/i]
Larsa
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von Larsa »

Hi,
I use Pirelli 215/50 16 with spikes an about 2,5 bar.
The grip is outstanding and a lot of fun!

Regards from a snowy Stckholm
Du hast keine ausreichende Berechtigung, um die Dateianhänge dieses Beitrags anzusehen.
David van Eyk
Owners Club

in the end of december i will also come to sweden! so watch out for the silver dutch plus!

I also got 225 winter tires and tried many different tire pressures. for me 3.0 worked perfect. especial on dry cold roads. ..
Now i'm waiting for snow!

nice pictures! does your baby allready have a toy s6plus? there are some for sale on www.ebay.de
You're never to young to play with a plus :lol:
Anders
Owners Club
Ungelesener Beitrag von Anders »

I took the opportunity to play around one of the most snowy nights we've had so far in Stockholm. Absolutely everything was covered in the white stuff, and the roads were thick of it.

I couldn't sleep so I went up for a glass of water and realized it was pouring down with white flakes outside. Got dressed, headed out to the garage and pulled out my Plus. I spent almost an hour roaring around the snowy roads in my neighbourhood. I chose some really tricky uphill roads where other cars just simply couldn't get up. I even went so far as to stop in the middle of an uphill and pull the emergency brake to a standstill. Then I carefully released my clutch and just continued uphill without a second of spinning any wheels. Amazing, the car behaves like a battletank. It just goes.

Then I practiced "hill climb" on one broad and long uphill, I went as fast as I dared with the V8 roaring in third gear. (the roads were empty of cars and people). The snow was like a blizzard behin my car. I even pulled the window down so I could get my face full of snow and my ears full of V8-rumble. :)

I finished my session by driving out on a snow covered highway, pulling past two scared-to-death Volvo-taxis. They never knew what blue snowstorm just passed them in double speed. :D

The only thing you always have to keep in mind is that regardless how fast the quattro can take you, your braking conditions are always the same. Be very careful so you always have good room to brake and stop the car on slippery surface like snow.

I use Nokian winter tyres. They are studded and the dimesnion is 205. I have them on silver V.A.G steel rims and I use 2,6 bar pressure.

/anders
[size=75]Anders = Plus #351[/size]
[img]http://personal.inet.fi/surf/brooksontheweb/picfolder/mys6anim.gif[/img]
David van Eyk
Owners Club

these are the stories we need overhere..
can´t wait till the end of december, than I will aslo be somewhere in the middle of sweden.
Lofsdalen will be the area of a silver-snowstorm :lol: :lol:
Anders
Owners Club
Ungelesener Beitrag von Anders »

David,

If you are going to Lofsdalen I am very positive you will see a LOT of snow if you go there in December. No doubt about that :)
Good Luck!

/a.
[size=75]Anders = Plus #351[/size]
[img]http://personal.inet.fi/surf/brooksontheweb/picfolder/mys6anim.gif[/img]
Marc Welsch
Administrator
Ungelesener Beitrag von Marc Welsch »

You lucky guys up to the north... :cry:

Would you like to have ouer motorways for one day, if we get your snow for that time? :? :roll:
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
Michael aus KS
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von Michael aus KS »

Anders hat geschrieben:I took the opportunity to play around one of the most snowy nights we've had so far in Stockholm. Absolutely everything was covered in the white stuff, and the roads were thick of it.

I couldn't sleep so I went up for a glass of water and realized it was pouring down with white flakes outside. Got dressed, headed out to the garage and pulled out my Plus. I spent almost an hour roaring around the snowy roads in my neighbourhood. I chose some really tricky uphill roads where other cars just simply couldn't get up. I even went so far as to stop in the middle of an uphill and pull the emergency brake to a standstill. Then I carefully released my clutch and just continued uphill without a second of spinning any wheels. Amazing, the car behaves like a battletank. It just goes.

Then I practiced "hill climb" on one broad and long uphill, I went as fast as I dared with the V8 roaring in third gear. (the roads were empty of cars and people). The snow was like a blizzard behin my car. I even pulled the window down so I could get my face full of snow and my ears full of V8-rumble. :)

I finished my session by driving out on a snow covered highway, pulling past two scared-to-death Volvo-taxis. They never knew what blue snowstorm just passed them in double speed. :D

The only thing you always have to keep in mind is that regardless how fast the quattro can take you, your braking conditions are always the same. Be very careful so you always have good room to brake and stop the car on slippery surface like snow.

I use Nokian winter tyres. They are studded and the dimesnion is 205. I have them on silver V.A.G steel rims and I use 2,6 bar pressure.

/anders

yeah, that's the kind of stories I've missed for long time :lol: 8) :mrgreen:
We had one snowy day about 3 weeks ago but I haven't had my s6 plus yet, just a Touran TDI with 100 hp and just 2WD :cry: I didn't really have fun... :roll:
Keep cruisin'

Kind regards from Germany
Michael
einmal quattro - immer quattro!
Robert
Owners Club
Ungelesener Beitrag von Robert »

I ran into a corner stone on a snowy road early in the morning in a small town in the swedish mountains. It looked okay right after, but some 900 kilometers later when I got home I had started to feel vibrations that quickly were becoming worse.

I went to a tyre store to get a re balancing of the wheel and I walked away with four new winter wheels, tyres and rims.

It is mixed feelings. I was planning to do that investment anyway, but for next winter. It is good though to have new alloy rims instead of my old ugly steel rims and tyres with 1/3 of the studs remaining...

The current setup is:
IDUN 7,0x16 RS4-replica wheels
Nokian Hakkapelitta 4 205x55 R16 XL

I hope I have the chance to try them on snow realy soon. The last trip was awsome, 140 km/h on a twisty road, snow was falling and it was about 1 dm of snow on the road - and the car was as steady as a train!

Great fun - quattro in the snow!
[i]S6 Plus - In disguise[/i]
Antworten