The price is huge in Germany for tuning!

englisch/english
David van Eyk
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von David van Eyk »

3 months ago we took my gearbox and diff. open.. To check everything. there came a little oil through the gasget of the diff., but further everything was ok.
I don´t know how Marc "abuses" :wink: his car.. but here in Holland I never have the chance to drive some minutes full speed in the 6th gear...But if i´m in germany..I hit the floor of course..(i regularly drive to sweden).. Never had any problems. But I think TS-tuning didn´t tune it to the max...// there is still some safety. (I also do a lot of B/small backcountry-road driving in the 2nd and 3rd gear...with high revs :lol: :wink: )
I did it for 1.5 year now I guess. still satisfied. Still use the original exhaust, and I have a k&n filter. I´m really satisfied with the result// not to make any promotion or so.., but i didn´t thought that the result would be noticed so easy. But there is still a noticeable rev limiter...
Think the car pulls now harder from 4000 rpm till the limiter.
Anyway. for sure there are more companies who "tune" a plus. But those guys at TS did a nice job on the re-mapping
in my opinion the car can handle it. the torque isn´t that bigger.

More importent for a car is perfect maintainance, good oils+filters,good bensin.......and warm up the car easy and properbly. (over here everybode is complaining that I´m driving so "slow" the first half hour.. :wink..then I never come over the 2000 revs.)

maybe we have to meet eachother once around the RING, it opens somewhere in March. you can always test my car , and see/feel if you notice a difference.

greetings
Karl
PLUS Interessierter

Ungelesener Beitrag von Karl »

Yes, what Marc said is right. I remember on a used-car-report of the "AutoBild"(a big german CarMagazine) and they said that the gearboxes of the S6´s are very sensible and the gearboxes often are broken. The pity of manual-gearboxes are that they could not bear high power. Look at the M5(last one), the engineers of bmw must reduced the torque(I believe till 450Nm) of the engine. Or Mercedes they use for the high power engines(>200HP) only automatic transmission.

-]ät[-Marc, When the S6+ gearbox are broken, you can use a gearbox of a normal S6 V8. Than you can go 301km/h at 7250rpm :).
-]ät[-the maintopic of this thread: In Germany are the parts in most times expertised 101% by organs of germany-state.

Mainproblem of manualgearboxes: The cogwheels of every gear of all the 6 are cross toothed(german: schrägverzahnt). When you impinge more than the gearbox are calculated(HP and Nm[Torque]) than bend the axis of the cogwheel. After all the 2 assortments of the cogwheel-axis going broke. A friend of my, has a Golf3 VR6 with TurboCharging with 350HP. After all 100% more HP. He must every year dismount his gearbox to replacement the cogwheel-axis-assortments of all gears.

At a another forum, at www.audiv8.com, anybody said that everybody can give his gearbox to ZF(audi´s gearbox-manufacturer) for reconditioning or repairing.
Marc Welsch hat geschrieben:Everybody of us know, how much a PLUS-gearbox costs and everybody knows, that the chance to get a used one is nearly zero. I won´t risk that."
Roland Müller
Owners Club
Ungelesener Beitrag von Roland Müller »

Hi David, Marc and Karl

That was very kind of you to write again and again. :D

In the end of this discussion I'd like to summarize: :arrow:

Although for me it is very important, what Marc, Joe and Karl wrote, I agree with David. As David can't do in Holland, I can't stress my car that way in Switzerland. Although if I sometimes go to the German freeway's...

Because of the slight bigger stress, the car has due the chip tuning; it's of course important to give it the best care and maintenance.
(In my case, I changed to the best synthetic oil, I could buy)
And if we drive ones in Germany we have to think about the higher risk and we have to lift the throttle-foot a bit earlier than sometimes Marc it does... :lol:

By the way, thank you for the offer to test your car on the "Ring", but I believe you anyway and it’s quit fare from me...

Thank you for your comments
"...und denkt daran, ein plus ist ultra"

Grüsse romulo
Karl
PLUS Interessierter

That is not the tenor what we mean. In Germany we think in and about 101% failure safety. The aggregate(equal if engine or gearbox) has to be keep up. A buzz of "it can be", "maybe" or "for a short time" is not acceptable in Germany. The aggregates stay it long for the calculate power. Afer all, when gearbox calculating to 326HP and 400Nm(Torque) than you can´t give them more power even if you have more power for a short time.
Marc Welsch
Administrator
Ungelesener Beitrag von Marc Welsch »

Karl hat geschrieben:-]ät[-Marc, When the S6+ gearbox are broken, you can use a gearbox of a normal S6 V8. Than you can go 301km/h at 7250rpm :).
That´s right, the sice fits exactly, but you will have a software problem. The transmition of the 4th, 5th and 6th gear is shorter in the PLUS-box, for thet it´s important to adapt the software...
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
Roland Müller
Owners Club
Ungelesener Beitrag von Roland Müller »

Hi Karl

Thank you for the lecture how the germans think :lol:

How nice it wold be on this world, if everything could be defined on this mathematic way... :wink:

I hope, you excuse 100% my un-german thinking :lol: :lol: :lol:
"...und denkt daran, ein plus ist ultra"

Grüsse romulo
Karl
PLUS Interessierter

@marc
The speedlimiter at 262km/h?
Marc Welsch hat geschrieben:That´s right, the sice fits exactly, but you will have a software problem. The transmition of the 4th, 5th and 6th gear is shorter in the PLUS-box, for thet it´s important to adapt the software...
Karl
PLUS Interessierter

@roland
I think its a fine thinking. Look at last year where Columbia-Shuttle crashed down or the a few years ago in Austria where the ropeway burned out in a tunnel and many skiing people are died. All disasters are avoidable, when somebody think about it before.
But that excursive of the main topic.
Roland Müller hat geschrieben:Thank you for the lecture how the germans think :lol:

How nice it wold be on this world, if everything could be defined on this mathematic way... :wink:

I hope, you excuse 100% my un-german thinking :lol: :lol: :lol:
Zuletzt geändert von Karl am 25.02.2004, 14:22, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Marc Welsch
Administrator

Karl hat geschrieben:@marc
The speedlimiter at 262km/h?
What do you want to say with that posting???

Yes, at a original PLUS you have a speedlimiter at 262-265km/h. If you turn off that limiter, the car will reach the rpm-limiter in the 6th gear at 277km/h, that ist about 285km/h on the speedometer...
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
Karl
PLUS Interessierter

Oh, now it gets complex. You said: When normaly S6 gearbox than must the software accommodate. I mean it is equal for the software wich gearbox hangs on the engine. But, to arrive the abstract 301km/h must the speedlimiter be out.
I talked with you last year per ICQ about the legendary picture, this one where on the speedometer 300km/h and 7250rpm. You say to me that was 281km/h really. The intresting thing of this result was that is a GPS-account. So I calculating with the other S6 gear ratio(manual and automatic) and the result was that a S6+ can go 301km/h with the normal V8-gearbox.

Marc Welsch hat geschrieben:What do you want to say with that posting???

Yes, at a original PLUS you have a speedlimiter at 262-265km/h. If you turn off that limiter, the car will reach the rpm-limiter in the 6th gear at 277km/h, that ist about 285km/h on the speedometer...
Marc Welsch
Administrator

In your last posting are some details wrong...

That PLUS on that legendary picture reachs the 300km/h at 7.450 rpm! His rpm-limiterwas "upgraded". That speed should be with GPS arround 290-295km/h. Buy the way, it´s taken by a motor-test :wink: .

Of course the normal S6 gearbox will worke without any software-changement, but the speedometer will show you wrong information. That´s the reason, why you should do something with it...

If the PLUS-engine has enough bower, the car would reach the 300km/h, with it -> that´s true.
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
Karl
PLUS Interessierter

Hm? On the ICQ-chat you told me that you have reached 281km/h at 7250min.
Marc Welsch hat geschrieben:In your last posting are some details wrong...

That PLUS on that legendary picture reachs the 300km/h at 7.450 rpm! His rpm-limiterwas "upgraded". That speed should be with GPS arround 290-295km/h. Buy the way, it´s taken by a motor-test :wink: .

Of course the normal S6 gearbox will worke without any software-changement, but the speedometer will show you wrong information. That´s the reason, why you should do something with it...

If the PLUS-engine has enough bower, the car would reach the 300km/h, with it -> that´s true.
Marc Welsch
Administrator

Karl hat geschrieben:Hm? On the ICQ-chat you told me that you have reached 281km/h at 7250min.
Yes, that´s true. My PLUS reached 281km/h at 7.250 rpm with new tires, that´s at the rpm-limiter in the 6th gear. On the speedometer is that about 285km/h. I have still my rpm-limiter and I will leave it!

But that legendary picture isn´t my PLUS, that car has the rpm-limiter a bit higher. :wink:
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
Karl
PLUS Interessierter

Now its´s clear. I wondered in those days that your informations(7250min) not accord to the picture.
Marc Welsch hat geschrieben:
Karl hat geschrieben:Hm? On the ICQ-chat you told me that you have reached 281km/h at 7250min.
Yes, that´s true. My PLUS reached 281km/h at 7.250 rpm with new tires, that´s at the rpm-limiter in the 6th gear. On the speedometer is that about 285km/h. I have still my rpm-limiter and I will leave it!

But that legendary picture isn´t my PLUS, that car has the rpm-limiter a bit higher. :wink:
Patrick Buedi
Owners Club
Ungelesener Beitrag von Patrick Buedi »

Hallo Marc,
Marc Welsch hat geschrieben:The gear-box for example is limited at 400NM... It could brake soon, if you get 10% more, I won´t do that. Buy the way, the PLUS engine has normally 440NM, but it is limited to 400NM only for the gear-box!
I won´t count peas here... but I know from Getrag directly, that the S4 / S6 / S6Plus transmission is tested and approved for 420NM of torque. I think Audi goes the "safe" way and limits the engines to 400NM. But I don´t think that a few NM should be a aproblem.

Think about that:
We have our max Torque at about 3.500 RPM. When do a standing start you have a much much higher Torque on in the Transmission / wheels because you are just starting to roll. You will never geht this high Torque on you whole transmission system when rolling.

What I mean to say (sorry in german it would be much easier): The Transmission and all other things attached to the transmission must handle a incredible high amount of torque when you do a standing start.
cu...

buedi
--
Vorsprung durch Quattro ;-)
Antworten