Xenon problem

englisch/english
Antworten
Mathieu Mathelin
Ex-Owner

Xenon problem

Ungelesener Beitrag von Mathieu Mathelin »

Hello,
I have a little problem with one of my xenon lights (the right one)
When I turn on my lights, sometimes it lights, some times not... :?
Would you know this problem ?

Mamat
Marc Welsch
Administrator
Ungelesener Beitrag von Marc Welsch »

Yes, that problem is not new. You need a new Xenon-light and most probably a second one in short future... :roll:

If you go to Audi, that costs you EUR 460 per headlight in Germany! Another option is the user "Joe Klugmann" in this forum, he is able to repair those Xenon-systems for about 35% of the Audi-price. Even not really cheap, but still better than Audi. :?

It's nearly not possible to do it on your own, because you need special tools and very special material.
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
Mathieu Mathelin
Ex-Owner

Ungelesener Beitrag von Mathieu Mathelin »

Thank you Marc.
Even though it's not a fantastic news... :?
I'm going to try to reach Joe Klugmann.

Mamat
Anders
Owners Club
Ungelesener Beitrag von Anders »

Even though it's no comfort to your current light-woes, I can admit I am recently experiencing the very same problem. For me, it's the left light that troubles me. :-(

Sometimes it will, sometimes (often when I need them the most) it won't light up.

And I am due for the Swedish version of the yearly TüV-test soon. I guess the man who will be inspecting my car will have opinions regarding this, and a requirement to change the light immediately. :-(

I think I will look for a replacement.

/anders
[size=75]Anders = Plus #351[/size]
[img]http://personal.inet.fi/surf/brooksontheweb/picfolder/mys6anim.gif[/img]
Kristian Kristof
Ex-Owner
Xenon

Ungelesener Beitrag von Kristian Kristof »

Hi Everyone!
My name is Kristian and I am the new "Owner on the Block" :-)
Congrats on the great forums, I enjoy reading them very much and wish to add a few lines to this topic....
I experience the same problem with my left beam, but I have been using the Xenons like this for almost a year? The left light jumps in to action after a few times of on-off switches, and sometimes even on the first try.
I guess its best to contact "Joe" for a safe and final solution, fixing both sides at once as Marc suggested.
My car must attend the Hungarian version of TUV this fall....
Greetings to all! kk
Bruno B.
Gesperrt

Ungelesener Beitrag von Bruno B. »

Its possible do you need only to change your Batterie !
Ckeck it if it have more than 50 A ,.
Could be in Relais or anyelse...
Tell me what youve done ...
greetings
Giacomo
Owners Club

Re: Xenon problem

Ungelesener Beitrag von Giacomo »

Hello,

my original xenon headlight had been expired few month ago just after having bought the Plus.

So I have bought new complete headlights from a German spare parts seller, they are Hella lights. They costed 1100 € each, against 1300 € from audi service (+ 20 %VAT which makes the total cost of EACH light rais up to 1560!).

They arrived and I had installed them, but the left light still makes a problem, when the car is cold I have to turn the lights on 4-5 times before it works. Else, when I restart the car after a slow stop, the lights both turns on immediately. Any time, when the lights finally turns on, they both keep on working for hours of driving without problems.

Now I had find a German man who can repair the old original lights for 780€, but I am a little bit scared about shipping my lights and paying them on advance without ever having seen the man. Maybe he's a honest person, but you know...

Best regards.
Marco L.
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von Marco L. »

Giacomo hat geschrieben:Hello,

my original xenon headlight had been expired few month ago just after having bought the Plus.

So I have bought new complete headlights from a German spare parts seller, they are Hella lights. They costed 1100 € each, against 1300 € from audi service (+ 20 %VAT which makes the total cost of EACH light rais up to 1560!).

They arrived and I had installed them, but the left light still makes a problem, when the car is cold I have to turn the lights on 4-5 times before it works. Else, when I restart the car after a slow stop, the lights both turns on immediately. Any time, when the lights finally turns on, they both keep on working for hours of driving without problems.

Now I had find a German man who can repair the old original lights for 780€, but I am a little bit scared about shipping my lights and paying them on advance without ever having seen the man. Maybe he's a honest person, but you know...

Best regards.

Hi,
i am the German man.If you need more Info then here

http://www.motor-talk.de/blogs/s6v8freu ... 54060.html
Videos of the new Bruner you will also find in there. GJDEVIL
Video del bruciatore nove troverete anche li GJOOPS
mfg. Marco
Zuletzt geändert von Marco L. am 03.07.2011, 21:58, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Einmal V8 immer V8
S6 Plus Avant (12.96)
S6 Plus Avant (12.96)
Giacomo
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von Giacomo »

I hope you didn't get offend. I had just expressed a doubt.
Sorry anyway, and thank you.
Marco L.
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von Marco L. »

well i do not fix the problem long enough already have your doupt i
would not go otherwise the already send to the USA GJGOLD

mfg. Marco
Einmal V8 immer V8
S6 Plus Avant (12.96)
S6 Plus Avant (12.96)
Antworten