K&N Filter

englisch/english
Giacomo Pinzoni
PLUS Interessierter

Ungelesener Beitrag von Giacomo Pinzoni »

Thank you SO MUCH!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

It was really exciting for me to here the sound of the plus. :D :D

I set up the computer so now I can here it every time that I turn it on!
Larsa
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von Larsa »

Realy Nice!!!
Must have!!
What was the diameter on the filter intake 92 or 93 mm that you have, the airmass intake is 92± .03mm so..
Stian
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von Stian »

Larsa hat geschrieben:What was the diameter on the filter intake 92 or 93 mm that you have, the airmass intake is 92± .03mm so..
The filter model is K&N RE-0920. You can check out all the data on it here.

The inside diameter is 89mm, so I guess the outside about 92-93, yeah.
Larsa
Owners Club

>Stian
The inside ø is 89 mm on that filter, whas it hard to put on?, the flenge is ø92mm on the plus!
I´m trying to figure out what i will ordrer.
Stian
Owners Club

Larsa hat geschrieben:>Stian
The inside ø is 89 mm on that filter, whas it hard to put on?, the flenge is ø92mm on the plus!
I´m trying to figure out what i will ordrer.
It wasn't hard at all, it was a perfect fit! :wink:
Pierre
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von Pierre »

Stian hat geschrieben:
Larsa hat geschrieben:What was the diameter on the filter intake 92 or 93 mm that you have, the airmass intake is 92± .03mm so..
The filter model is K&N RE-0920. You can check out all the data on it here.

The inside diameter is 89mm, so I guess the outside about 92-93, yeah.
It also says:
These filters are legal ONLY for racing vehicles.  Not applicable, nor intended for use on emission controlled street or highway vehicles.
Stian
Owners Club

Pierre hat geschrieben: It also says:
These filters are legal ONLY for racing vehicles.  Not applicable, nor intended for use on emission controlled street or highway vehicles.
The S6Plus is indeed a racing vehicle :lol:

Besides, all modifications to the car (chipping, sports exhaust, change of tire dimentions, changing bumbers etc.) are techincally illegal, because you change the car compared to what was originally approved by the authorities. But the chances of getting cought doing any of these things are minimal :wink:
Pierre
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von Pierre »

Stian hat geschrieben:
Pierre hat geschrieben: It also says:
The S6Plus is indeed a racing vehicle :lol:

Besides, all modifications to the car (chipping, sports exhaust, change of tire dimentions, changing bumbers etc.) are techincally illegal, because you change the car compared to what was originally approved by the authorities. But the chances of getting cought doing any of these things are minimal :wink:
Except in Germany, Marc will tell you that everything has to be approved otherwise you loose your right to use your car and probably your insurance !
Marc Welsch
Administrator
Ungelesener Beitrag von Marc Welsch »

That´s it. In Germany the laws are really hard by that.

If the police would find a K&N RE-0920 in a PLUS, it will cost about EUR 150, you have to rebuild it and you will get three ponits. If you have more than 14-18 points, you will loose your driving-licence!!!

If you have a accident with a K&N RE-0920, your insurance don´t have to pay anymore! That´s nearly the end of your life, if somebody get injured!
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
Stian
Owners Club

Oh my god, it's really that hard? But can you get your car approved with modifications?

I guess the laws are about the same here, but they aren't followed very strict. In the worst case, you can get called in to a technical control, but usually you will have time to change whatever you must before you go to the control.
Marc Welsch
Administrator
Ungelesener Beitrag von Marc Welsch »

Stian hat geschrieben:But can you get your car approved with modifications?
Of course you can, but the changed parts have to be allowed by certifications. For those certifications everything must be in the limits of law (polution, power, noise...). That´s handled very strict in Germany.
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
Larsa
Owners Club

>Marc
Could you modify the exhaust then?

The law in Sweden only includes if you modify the Hp and torque compare to standard but the police doesent do that check only the "cartesting" each year, only if the police se an huge ingrese of Hp the tell you to do a recheck of the car otherwise you cant drive with it. Its´also the normal dont alter anything from standard ex tires and so on but ints not that importent if you dont mess to mutch, its comen nown thats the carindustri thats behind that idé of not alter the original... If you are tuning by chip it´s inpossible to check for them and normaly the dont care.
If i have another airfilter they couldent care less...and also the exhaust if its not to loud then the police stops me.
The most importent is the koldioxid and you dont let out to mutch polution.

There are even cases were someone had put a kompressor on and they dident notice it, as long as the dont mess with the nature laws :-)

But if you have ingreced the Hp to much and crash and the insurencecompany finds out you dont get payed for YOUR car but they always pay for the rest, its a law to have an traffic insurace atleast and the rest of the insurace is for your car only and that part could be effected and dont be payed out.
Karl
PLUS Interessierter

sport filters

Ungelesener Beitrag von Karl »

To all users of sport air filters: think about that this filters dont have the same cleaning effect like the original air filter.
Larsa
Owners Club

Thats true in some cases but not all!
A carbulider must kompromise with all the parts, if you buy every part from a spec firm it would cost alot but it would be more efficent. Se McLaren F1

To just put a K&N filter is just the noise one are after, and thats nice to. But if you could get more afficent airtransfer and cooler air compare to original you have won a lot. Original the airtransfer i full of curves that you could speed upp.
I would not put a filter thats in the heat of the engine so that the warm air go trouth the filter, the lampdasond mabye get broken then its expencive! You have to figure out a way for cool air to get into the filter. BMC has that and i´m planing to use it on my car when i get the right parts for cool air. They have an carbon composite airbox like this http://www.mclarencars.com/content/sect ... enginf.htm car and carbon is great for not taking heat to the air.

Porsche
Bild
Karl
PLUS Interessierter

Ungelesener Beitrag von Karl »

I mean only the air cleaning effect of the filters. Not the peripheral things around the filter box. That the engineers must kompromise, it´s clear. But I think the solution with the air intake behind the radiator grill is a good variant.
My experience are that the original airbox is closed and restrict the entering air mass, because of the loudness for example. On our cars(not my S6) we cut a hole in the buttom part of the air filter box on places where cold air there, for example the fender room. Or take a flexible tube and connect the airintake of the oilcooler and the airbox for example. And nobody see that :)
Antworten