Steering servo pump - question

englisch/english
Antworten
Anders
Owners Club
Steering servo pump - question

Ungelesener Beitrag von Anders »

Hi,

I need to have the pump for the steering servo system replaced on my Plus.
It leaks oil to an unacceptable amount, and replacing the X-plug and gasket is no longer an option.

The pump will surely be sent to my mechanics from the shelves of the Audi stock, and will cost a LOT. (original part)

A very common car-parts chain here in Sweden lists on their homepage that they have the servo pump for the S6 Plus. (Actually, what you do is that you dial in the reg number of your car to the homepage, and the parts database lists what they have depending on what the result of your reg number is)

However, the information on the web-page is very limited. It just says "Steering servo pump - ZF" "Double working for both steering and brake" "Double inlet, double outlet"

Does anybody here know if this pump is the same as the one Audi has? Is ZF the manufacturer of these pumps, and if so, anybody knows the serial number for this pump versus the pump that Audi sells?

Many questions, I hope you understand my query, it would be so much cost effective to by the pump from that company instead of Audi.

Regards

/a.
[size=75]Anders = Plus #351[/size]
[img]http://personal.inet.fi/surf/brooksontheweb/picfolder/mys6anim.gif[/img]
Mark
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von Mark »

Hi,
I'm in the same position as you. My pump is also leaking. And i also visit my favorit Audi-Company for some parts like gaskets and so on. But, as we find out, on my car the steering servo pump is not the part as it listed in the original Audi documentation (****). We found my pump listed at the Audi A6 with integrated level regulation. But i dont have any level regulation im my car. So, i dont know if this pump is part of other S6Plus but for me the parts original listed for the S6Plus are not the correct once.

Just a hint for you...
Anders
Owners Club

Hi Brockmann!

It seems they have fitted another pump in yours, with integrated level regulation, which I am surprised it fits. Was this done by certified mechanics? Maybe they didn't have the correct pump and mounted this one.

But on the other hand, I have also learned today that it's the same pump in the Audi 100 C4, 1993, all the way to A6/S6 C4, 1997. So an A6-pump should fit. Not sure about which cars/pumps have integrated level regulation though. Maybe you have servotronic on your car, which I think (according to a friend's theory) may require a heavier, more durable pump.

It is a ZF-pump though, that's for sure.
As I have also learned, the right V.A.G parts number for it is 054 145 165 D and/or 054 145 165 L.

I have found alternative sources here in Sweden for the right pump, but at least 2 out of 3 are out of stock. I am waiting for reply if a third company can bring one home to me.

Regards

/anders
Martin G.
Owners Club
Ungelesener Beitrag von Martin G. »

Hi!
the last owner of my car had the same problem and now its the following pump in my car:
054 145 165 LX costas about 500euro
regards Martin
Anders
Owners Club

Martin, that is probably very true. 054 145 165 LX is what me and my friend Joakim have discussed a little and we think it is the new number of the part, replacing the old number ending with "D" or "L". Could be that, at least.

My mechanics shop is probably asking roughly 700 Euros for (replacement of) mine. But I've found one pump at a V.A.G dealer asking around 500 EUR for the pump.

The case is yet to be solved, and my wallet isn't the fattest currently. :)
I need new springs and schocks aswell.

/a
Anders
Owners Club

Good news: New springs and new shocks, aswell as new hand brake wires are now mounted on the car! :-) (Thanks Joakim!)

ABS-sensors adjusted, now work like a dream.

Feels like a new car!

Mechanics will do the steering servo the 30:th Sept, and a reasonable price for the job is offered. (440 Euro)

/a.
Antworten