The price is huge in Germany for tuning!

englisch/english
Larsa
Owners Club

The price is huge in Germany for tuning!

Ungelesener Beitrag von Larsa »

Is this only for chiptuning??? 1000€!!!!!!!
http://ww2.amb-tuning.de/produkte/chipt ... di/s6.html

They are also wrong on the "4.2i V8 (340 PS)". Do they now what they do?
Joe Klugmann
PLUS Interessierter
Ungelesener Beitrag von Joe Klugmann »

Don't chip this car, remove the vmax barrier.

PS: http://www.ts-tuning.net

I think Marc can wrote more... :D

MfG

Joe Klugmann
Marc Welsch
Administrator
Ungelesener Beitrag von Marc Welsch »

Joe is right, I never would do chiptuning at my PLUS. The reason is, that the PLUS-engine is allready near at the limit. If you would do any chiptuning, you will cross that boarder! I don´t think, that it is worse to risk the engine-life for maybe 20HP...
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
Larsa
Owners Club

Yes i heard about ts-tuning, byt he is chiptuning as well. Wy wouldent i get more power if it´s possible?
20-30 Nm is not wrong and a couple of "stalions"! :lol:
Marc Welsch
Administrator

The gear-box for example is limited at 400NM... It could brake soon, if you get 10% more, I won´t do that. Buy the way, the PLUS engine has normally 440NM, but it is limited to 400NM only for the gear-box!
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
Larsa
Owners Club

Near limit??
4.2 litre and 326 hp is not huge for the engine, mabye this geabox.
Could ts-tuning get that 40 Nm limiter?
I heard he sad he could get 25-30 Nm.
The S4 Turbo has 420 Nm with most chip and alot more with some else, i never heard about any gearbox failing. If you dont drive like a maniac every day i think it would go fine. Audi dident do the gearbox at the limit to start with i hope, in that case they where :evil:
Marc Welsch
Administrator

The 20V Turbo has a diffrent gearbox, it´s not the same one like the V8-gearbox! I think the Turbo-gearbox is limited official at 460NM, but I´m not sure anymore.

Buy the way, that gearbox-problem isn´t new. All Audi V8 since 1997 are limited in NM, if they have a manual gearbox. The automatic-gearbox is able to take 560NM, the RS6 would have normally about 650NM! It´s limited to 560NM only for the Tiptronik!!!

Yes, Tom is able to release that NM-limiter, but I won´t do that.
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
Larsa
Owners Club

What about the S8

Audi S8 (AKH/AHC) Sedan

Gearbox: Manual
Modelyears: 1994-1998
bhp/rpm: 340/410
Torque/rpm: 6600/3500

Audi S8 (AQH) Sedan

Gearbox: Manual
Modelyears: 1999-2002
bhp/rpm: 360/7000
Torque/rpm: 430/3400
Marc Welsch
Administrator

That are the information auf rsmodels.net, aren´t they?

I´m not sure, but I think, that those information are wrong or only the datas of the tiptronik-version. Because official they make no diffrence between manual and tiptronik gearbox. But I´m sure, that their are differences.

By the way, I´m Admin at rsmodels.net, too. And those information are from me... :wink:
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
David van Eyk
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von David van Eyk »

I did the tuning at TS- tuning, and I'm still satified. They did a remap and removed the limiter. I could feel the difference.... :wink:
Ben Maglia
Owners Club
Ungelesener Beitrag von Ben Maglia »

Hi Guys
I am driving since two month now my UPsolute-Tuning.
The engine is much smoother and hangs now very nice on the accelerator.
The vmax-limter is also off - but for Switzerland not really necessary ...
Last week I installed the racing airfilter from BMC type Porsche 911. Now it goes another bit easier and it turns also easier in the higher rpm-regions. => http://www.bmcairfilters.com/infoCON2.asp?Type=1

The next two weeks I will reprogram my chip once again and will make then a performance measurement.
About the gearbox: I do not think, that you will destroy it, because in the normal traffic you will not drive a long time with high torque ...
An example, found on the net: http://www.sect.ch/ben/car/Messung_Audi_S6+.pdf
Regards
Ben
ChipTuning zum Einheitspreis - http://www.UPsolute.ch
Denn ein Avant - ist ein Familienauto ...
... und mit über 300PS geht's einfach
schneller ins Wochenende!
Roland Müller
Owners Club
Ungelesener Beitrag von Roland Müller »

Marc and some other people remember, that I'm interested too in chiptuning my PLUS.

But, that the gear-box is built only for 400 Nm that's a really new insight for me. (...and it occures me :shock: :roll: )

Are you really sure, that this is true? :?: :?: :?:

On the one side I wondered already, why the PLUS have the same torque, as the normal S6 V8 have. Normally if an engine has more power, it has also more torque...
But on the other side I can't understand, why the gear-box of the V8-engines is not built to stand more torque, than that one for the 5 cylinder-engines. And what about the S8's ? Do they have another gearbox for those 340 HP / 410 Nm -engines (and their havier cars)? :o

I'm one of those drivers who care a lot about their PLUS, and I'd like to drive it at least for the next 5 years.... :wink:

But why not to optimize a bit the compromise, which always must be done in a engine software? Do you really believe, the risk of a broken gear-box is that big? :?:

Have you heard a lot about broken ones? :?:
"...und denkt daran, ein plus ist ultra"

Grüsse romulo
David van Eyk
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von David van Eyk »

Roland,
I did a Kind of a chip tuning to my car.
And I´m really satisfied. ofcourse the difference isn´t as big as if you chiptune a turbo car..but I noticed it.

I wrote my experiences in a forum on www.rs6.com , if you are there , than go to cmmunity, than to rs6/s6...and put s6plus in the search machine...
there you will find my comment :wink:
Marc Welsch
Administrator

Untill now I heared only about one big harm, that was a broken PLUS-engine in Danmark with a hole in the side. But I knew only about 40 PLUSes, that is not enough to say anything...

That thing with the torque is nearly 100% sure. The gearbox is technical from 1992, at that time nobody thought, that say need more. Everybody of us know, how much a PLUS-gearbox costs and everybody knows, that the chance to get a used one is nearly zero. I won´t risk that.

Those people, who knows me, will have noticed, that my PLUS is on perfect conditions at any time. The car gets everything, what he need and allways by a official Audi-dealer. On the other side I bring my car often to the limit, not only to reach it, I hold it for kilometers. Under this circumstances I won´t risk anything, everything must be perfect. Chiptuning is nothing for my use...
Schöne Inselgrüße Marc

Bild
Roland Müller
Owners Club
Ungelesener Beitrag von Roland Müller »

...hi david!

yes I know, don't you remember me, we posted already!

I'm not so much frightened about the engine, because I don't drive such long distances in the fullpower-range (as f.e. Marc does... :lol: )

It's especially the insight of the damage of the gearbox which occurs me so much, and that points out perhaps only after more than a year....

Sorry I wont make to feel you unsure, but it's very important for me.
"...und denkt daran, ein plus ist ultra"

Grüsse romulo
Antworten