Plus in Italy

englisch/english
Antworten
Giacomo
Owners Club

Plus in Italy

Ungelesener Beitrag von Giacomo »

Hello!

I write from Italy, near Milan. I've bought a Plus just two months ago!
3/96, silber, leather black interior, 210'000km, service-book, no opening roof. I've paid for it 7'000 euro.
It's the number 226.

It runs very good and I'm very happy for it.

Only one time I had a problem: after one hour driving at 240 Km/H, the CAT light has turned on for a second and the engine rpm drop off immediately, but it had just lasted for a second, then everything has returned ok and I could drive back home. I have used it for other two weeks daily and it never appeared again.

Also the oil temperature is always not more than 60°c, and the brakes red sign turns sometimes on in the autocheck when I start the car. The brake discs are not worn and so I think about the pads, because on emergency brake actions the cars stop in a reasonable distance, but if I don't push the brake pedal strongly it seem to me that the brake action is pretty weak.

If somebody has the workshop's manuals in Italian it would be great!

Thank you and Bye bye!

Giacomo.
Martin R.
Owners Club

Re: Plus in Italy

Ungelesener Beitrag von Martin R. »

Hello Giacomo,

welcome to the Plus-Forum
I think your problem with the CAT-Lamp is caused in a gnawing (a marten bite) in the rubber connection of the lambda-sensor.
My Plus showed the same behaviaor in winter 08 / 10. It was caused of a leacking connection rubber, so some water could get in. But since then it never happend again, without doing any thing on this.
The oiltemperature is a well knowing problem with different causes. Some of the owner changed the electrical sensor, some changed the oil waves.
In my car it helps to perform a clap on the panel nearby the gauge, so the needle will jump up to the 90°C, sometimes it falls down to "0°C". I think in my car it is a problem with the indicator in the instrument panel.

I hope this helps you.

Regards, Martin
Eric said: "My + is a real PLUS in my garage" :D
Giacomo
Owners Club

Hello Martin,

thank you so much for the answers. I'll let my mechanic checking the lambda-sensor. I don't want the problem getting worst ad have the car being stopped for a fool.

Just friday night i had damaged the rear suspension making drifting on a snow field. The speed was very low but the car is too heavy. The car is under checking now. Hope nothing too bad.

It will be great to find workshop's manuals and electrical schemes, so my mechanic will be helped in his job. Here in Italy it's not a great idea to go to an Audi dealer: the car is too old for them and they are not very nice. They think that if you bought a 14 years old car it's because you don't have money, and they don't want to spend time looking for spare parts or understanding the problems. They earn much more working on the new Audi cars, with standard periodical checks and "standard" problems.

This is my feeling, maybe I'm not right, who knows, but I know many other people with S6 C4 2.2 or 4.2 or RS2 doing the mantainance by themselves or in a common mechanic's workshop because they don't find good to go to Audi dealers.

Thank you and best regards to all.
Giacomo
Owners Club

Huh, sorry, I forgot a question, what are HP2 brakes? Are they special powerful brakes for C4 Audi cars or they are just normal brakes for the Plus?
Martin R.
Owners Club

Ungelesener Beitrag von Martin R. »

Hello,

the HP2 is a special brake. I think HP2 is the name of teh braketype or the name of the manufacturer. I use the serial brake, so I don`t know exactly.

Here in Germany it is the same with the audi dealers. They are arrogant, have no clou and they are quiet expensive.
And Audi hase a problem dealing with their history cars.
But the most independent workshops often can access to the maintenance manuals.

Regards, Martin
Eric said: "My + is a real PLUS in my garage" :D
Antworten